A new law effective from 25th May 2018 will provide further clarity over how personal information is managed by businesses.
It is called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and this will replace the current Data Protection Act.
The new rules mean Christopher Michael Ltd, like other businesses in the UK, will be making sure that we are clear about how we handle your data.
Christopher Michael Ltd is an accountancy, auditing and tax advisory firm. We are registered in England and Wales as a limited company under number 05858660 and our registered office is at 26 Station Road, New Barnet, Herts, EN5 1QW.
For the purpose of the GDPR and this notice, we are the ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the GDPR to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
THE TYPE OF DATA WE COLLECT
Personal Data is any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. Our policy is to collect only the personal data necessary for the purposes agreed and generally, we collect this data from clients. We may collect and use the following types of data:
- Identity Data – first name and surname, National Insurance number
- Contact Data – Address, telephone number and email address
- Business Activities including any financial related information
- Information we receive from other sources, such as publicly available information or information provided by your employer
- Professional Data – any information collected during the course of the provision of our services.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We generally collect data directly from clients. This may be provided during meetings, over the telephone, by email or via the post, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you and/or with your company and to comply with our legal obligations.
We may process your personal data for the purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with our clients. This may include processing your personal data where you are an employee of our client.
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
We may process personal data for the provision of professional services including:
- Payroll services
- Audit services
- Accounting services
- Taxation services
- And complying with legal, regulatory and professional obligations
We keep personal data processed by us for as long as considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and as required by applicable law or regulation.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your data. Under certain circumstances, you are able to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction, erasure, restriction or cessation of processing of your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data to other organisations.
- Withdraw consent to how their data is processed.
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about the manner in which we process your personal data, please email M Michael at email@example.com or call us on our telephone number 0208 449 8919.