You will want to pass as much of your wealth to your loved ones as possible.
Planning for Inheritance tax purposes can be very complex and expensive.
Your estate could be liable to pay inheritance tax at 40% on all your worldwide assets, after use of the appropriate thresholds and nil rate bands in certain circumstances.
The actual amount of inheritance tax your estate will have to pay depends on many factors like –
- your domicile
- your marital history
- the location of your assets
- the composition of your estate – property, cash, stocks, shares, art, antiques etc.
We can assist in:
- Help in drawing up and planning your will
- Ensuring that your exemptions and lower rate tax on lifetime transfers are fully utilised.
- transferring assets into trust
- Optimising lifetime transfers between spouses.